Ultrasound Tech 32 hours days
days, weekend rotation
Under general supervision of the Ultrasound Coordinator, performs noninvasive ultrasound testing using high frequency ultrasound equipment designed to image organs, masses, and fluid accumulations within the body; selects, photographs, and develops images displayed; and assists Radiologists in the diagnostic interpretation for adult and adolescent patients. Performs related clerical and service duties. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obtains and reviews patient's clinical history and related patient's test reports. Obtains pertinent medical history while preparing patient for exam. Instructs patient about exam procedure and equipment.
2. Performs ultrasound testing differentiating normal anatomy from abnormal. Assists Radiologist in invasive procedure if necessary. Develops films and presents them to the Radiologist with the film jacket. Performs portable exams when necessary.
3. Assists in the training of students rotating through the department. Stays current with new developments in the field.
4. Performs routine maintenance of ultrasound equipment, conducts quality control tests, and informs supervisor of any repair needs. Also, maintains ultrasound office and test area in good and appropriate order and checks supply inventory routinely.
5. Performs related clerical duties, i.e., scheduling patients, preparing requisitions, filing and retrieving sonography reports, entering patient information, logging scan interpretation, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree in ultrasound technology, including course work in anatomy and physiology.
2. Registered or registry eligible by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers with at least one year's experience.
1. Constant walking and standing with intermittent lifting and positioning of patients.
2. Pushing heavy equipment and lifting laser film on occasions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Category: Imaging and Radiology
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Shift Type: Days