Ultrasound Supervisor 32 hours
32 hours/week, Days
Under general supervision of the Director, Imaging Services, and in accordance with guidelines established by the Chairman of Imaging Services, assumes immediate responsibility for the daily technical operation of the Ultrasound Section. Supervises Sonographers in the performance of diagnostic ultrasound imaging procedures which assist physicians in the diagnosis of medical disorders and diseases. Participates in department management through collaboration on the development of internal policies and procedures, budgets, goals, and plans. Assists with complicated or sensitive patient cases. Regularly performs diagnostic ultrasound technology duties. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients of all ages.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participates in the development of short and long term goals and plans for the Ultrasound Department, including the development of personnel and budgets for the Ultrasound Section and the administrating of various phases of the operational budget. Develops, evaluates, and recommends methods and/or programs to enhance departmental and sectional revenues without sacrificing quality patient care.
2. Participates in the development of departmental and sectional policy, and recommends and administers the procedures necessary to implement agreed-upon policy. Communicates and enforces sectional, departmental, and hospital wide policies and procedures; monitors work activities to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed. Works with nursing services, Radiologists, and other departments to establish and maintain good working rapport necessary to develop cooperation and effectively integrate sectional services into the Hospital's overall patient care delivery system. Provides the direct supervision necessary to ensure the effective delivery of diagnostic ultrasound services.
3. Receives and investigates suggestions and/or complaints concerning the department and its personnel. Makes corrections when necessary and prepares documentation when needed. Refers difficult and unusual or sensitive situations to superior. Also interviews and recommends the hiring of subordinates. Orients, trains, and develops them, evaluates their performance, and recommends their discipline and discharge.
4. Assumes responsibility for the operational efficiency of the section's equipment. Performs routine maintenance, adjustments, and repairs or directs that these be accomplished. Maintains appropriate documentation of these repairs. Participates in the evaluation of products and equipment and makes recommendations for the purchase of them. Maintains inventory of sectional supplies and keeps appropriate and organized documentation of important materials.
5. Regularly performs staff ultrasound technology duties.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE ANDOTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1.Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion ofa Bachelor's Degree in ultrasound technology.
2.Registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers with atleast three years experience in various diagnostic ultrasound capacities.
3.Prior Supervisory experience required
Category: Imaging and Radiology
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Days