Surgical Tech Natick 24 hours 10:30am-7:00pm with on call
- In conjunction with the Service Leader and Educator for Perioperative Service Serves as a resource to other scrub personnel, including but not limited to OR and Perinatal RNs, Surgical Technologists, and students .
- Minimizes delays for the surgeon, patient and family by ensuring supplies, instruments and equipment are available
- Communicates physicians requests for any changes in supplies, instruments, and equipment to the Specialty Service Leader
- Competent to scrubs all elective and emergency surgical procedures performed at MWMC.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of AORN Standards and Recommended Practices
- Actively participates in unit based staff meetings and educational programs. Responsible to seek out information when unable to attend meetings or programs.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in clinical advances in the equipment and supplies used.
- Participates in the development and revision of policies and procedures
- Complies with unit or hospital based Quality Improvement and safety programs Complies with regulations including but not limited to: The Joint Commission, CDC, CMS, and DPH
- Identifies and participates in resolution of problems.
- Monitors the condition of instruments and equipment.
- Immediately removes defective equipment, instruments and supplies from service and notifies the Specialty Service Leader
- Minimizes wastage of supplies be referring to the surgeons preference card when preparing for the case
- Informs Specialty Service Leader when items need to be added or deleted to the preference card
- Minimizes the expenses required for repair or replacement by caring for the instruments and equipment from the time of set-up through to the time of transfer to SPD.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited program of surgical technology.
- CST certification required.
Primary Location: Natick, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Shift Type: 8 Hour Midday