Surgical Physician Assistant Full Time
Surgical Physician Assistant
Performs duties to assist the Chief of Surgery in both inpatient and outpatient duties, as well as in emergency situations, adhering to standard practices and established procedures. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonate; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in performing physical examinations as directed. Obtains medical histories, records pertinent data as required. Draws bloods and places lines to include peripheral arterial and central access lines as required. Assists physician during surgery and emergency situations as required or directed, following department protocols and procedures as outlined. Performs basic and advanced life support procedures as situations necessitate.
2. Arranges for admission of patients under the direction of supervising physicians. Arranges for other tests as necessary, through appropriate departments, obtaining proper authorizations.
3. Performs rounds with or under the direction of supervising physician. Records and signs patient progress notes. Transcribes and executes specific orders at the direction of supervising physician. Compiles and records detailed narrative care summaries and other forms pertinent to patient's medical record.
4. Obtains appropriate authorizations required for all treatments and medication orders, written and verbal, as outlined in department protocols and procedures. Writes and signs preliminary discharge summaries and outpatient forms as allowed, including necessary medical care instructions.
5 Acts as a liaison between all members of the treatment team. Attends meetings and seminars as required. Assists in inservice of students and junior residents assigned to the service.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree plus two years in an accredited specialized Physician's Assistant Program.
• National certification required to be licensed in Massachusetts. Recertification required every 6 years.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a related area.
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Rotate