RN Cath Lab Framingham 32 hours flex with on-call
Cath Lab RN
32 hours/week, flex
on-call rotation- overnight 2x/week, every 3rd weekend
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Medical Director and the Manager of the Cath Lab and according to established policies and procedures, performs nursing duties during cardiac catheterizations and pacemaker insertions, cardioversions, tilt tests, EP studies, Hemodynamic studies, and other evaluations and therapies. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care for patients in the following age groups: Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CLINICAL PRACTICE - Performs all aspects of clinical practice in the Cardiac Cath Lab (CCL)/EP Lab according to standards of care, including, but not limited to, patient assessment, procedural preparation, monitoring pre/intra/post procedure, emotional/educational support for patient/family, EKG/IV/medication administration, emergency intervention including IABP, organization of work, priority setting, decision making, lab preparation, MD assistance.
2. LEADERSHIP - Utilizes problem-solving skills with follow up. Delegates tasks to coworkers to ensure efficient work flow. Assures current quality nursing practice through participation on nursing/Hospital committees, staff meetings, and other lab-related activities.
3. DOCUMENTATION - Records and interprets pertinent patient/procedure data according to established CCL, legal, and Hospital guidelines. Inputs patient charges and patient/procedural information to database for statistical analysis. Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, and quality assures lab equipment and supplies. Develops and maintains cine angiograms.
4. COMMUNICATION - Communicates and collaborates with all health team members, patients, and families effectively. Ensures patient’s needs are met (physical, emotional, religious, cultural, and educational). Collaborates with the MD and management regarding procedure issues and patient care. Is a patient advocate.
5. EDUCATION - Fulfills all unit required competencies. Keeps current with nursing skills, equipment, and unit specific knowledge. Provides patient and family teaching. Functions in a preceptor role. Assists in unit’s professional development.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree in nursing. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts. BLS and ACLS certification required.
2. Three to five years of experience in critical care nursing, plus experience in advanced cardiac arrhythmia and EKG interpretation.
1. Operating room environment; almost constant standing, walking, and pushing/moving of patients and equipment. Regular exposure to radiation, blood products, and hazardous conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities and working conditions associated with the job.
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Days