RN Case Manager, FT, Weekend Baylor Plan
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN provides nursing care to the patients/clients as requested by the patient/client and, when required, as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the policies of the Organization.
1. Seeks and obtains sufficient information necessary to function effectively in the health care setting where assigned.
2. Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
3. Assesses and evaluates patient's/client's status by: a. Reviewing and implementing the plan of care. Regularly re-evaluating patient/client needs. Revising the plan of care as necessary.
4. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
5. Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing procedures and techniques and maintains communication regarding patient/client care with the physician and supervisory personnel.
6. Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patients/clients condition and care given.
7. Uses supplies and equipment effectively and efficiently.
8. Observes the patient/client for changes in condition, discusses changes with the patient/client or family/caregiver and reports changes, as necessary, to the attending physician.
9. Assists the patient/client with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient's/client's efforts toward self-sufficiency and independence.
10. Teaches the patient/client and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients/clients and families/caregivers.
11. Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient/client.
1. is a graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred. 2. Is currently licensed as an RN through the State Board of Nursing.
3. Has at least one year's general nursing experience, with current home health, clinical, surgical, or critical care experience.
4. Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
5. Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has presented a pre- employment physician's health clearance including a negative TB skin test and/or CXR and other tests as required by the Organization's policy.
6. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
7. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
8. Has satisfactory references from nursing school, previous (or current) employers and/or professional peers.
9. Has excellent observation, good nursing judgment, and good oral and written communication skills.
10. Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision; has good organizational skills.
11. Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Home Care
Shift Type: 12 Hour Day