RN Case Manager 40 hours Days
RN Case Manager Framingham
40 hours/week, days
weekend and holiday rotation
GENERAL SUMMARY: Undergeneral supervision of the Director of Case Management, is responsible for themanagement of patients throughout the health care continuum. Facilitatesthe achievement of quality clinical and cost outcomes. Provides servicesto patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Activates a process for each patientand uses a case management plan in managing care consistent with predeterminedfinancial and quality outcomes, in collaboration with physicians and otherhealthcare members and payors.
2. Establishes collaborative practiceswith nursing, physicians, and health care professionals regarding plan of care,variances in plan implementation, and outcomes or expected outcomes.
3. Assesses, gathers information onphysical, psychosocial, spiritual functioning, coping abilities, availableresources, and support systems. Identifies potential or actual health problems,establishes nursing diagnosis, formulates plan and nursing intervention duringinpatient stay, and plans for discharge. Facilitates transition of care toappropriate level of care and facility.
4. Manages and/or delegates care for caseload during the patient health care continuum or episode of care. Facilitates communication with all departments. Collaborates fortimely outcomes; prevents duplication and fragmentation of services. Assesses educational needs of staff and provides appropriate education.
5. Is responsible for internal andexternal patient care standards. Identifies and documents incidents thatmay affect quality of care. Tracks and reports on variances to department. Maintains documentation of case management activities, plans, andoutcomes.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE ,AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level ofknowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a BSN.Current licensure to practice nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2. Minimum of 3 to5 years experience in acute care, community nursing, and utilization review orrelated area.
3. Case Managementexperience preferred.
4. Utilizationexperience preferred.
5. Ability to thinkcritically and multi-task under pressure.
6. Strong dischargeplanning skills. Ability to commincate with other disciplines effectively.
1. Patient care environment. Prolonged standing and walking.
The above statements areintended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performedby people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties,responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities and working conditionsassociated with the job.
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Days