RN Adult Psych BH4 32 hr days and eow and holiday
Under general supervision of the unit's nursing management the Clinical RN performs duties to ensure quality patient care through the health care continuum. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonate; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CLINICAL PRACTICE: Performs all aspects of clinical practice according to standards of care, including, but not limited to: assessment, planning, implementing, evaluation, intervention, organization of work, priority setting, decision making, follow-up, activities of daily living, IV Therapy, EKG's.
2. LEADERSHIP: Delegates tasks to subordinates to ensure efficient and effective work flow. Provides input into hiring and evaluations and participates in the interviewing process. Resolves conflicts. Ensures proper staffing patterns according to established nurse-patient ratios. Assures current and quality nursing practice is maintained through participating in and keeping informed of unit/Hospital committees, staff meetings and other related activities. May serve as charge person.
3. DOCUMENTATION: Maintains thorough and complete documentation according to established legal and Hospital guidelines. Transcribes and inputs physician orders accurately and in a timely manner, using the nurse order entry system.
4. COMMUNICATION: Communicates and collaborates with all health team members, patients, and families effectively. Ensures patient care needs are met in a timely manner and follow through is initiated and/or completed. May act as a patient advocate.
5. EDUCATION: Keeps current with nursing skills, equipment, and unit specific knowledge. Provides patient/family teaching, may act as a preceptor, assists with the professional development of the unit.
Current RN license - Massachusetts
Experience in Adult Psychiatry
Great interpersonal skills
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Current RN license - Massachusetts Experience in Department; great interpersonal skills. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Metro West Medical Center offers a very competitive salary and benefits package which includes: Health and life insurance after 30 days, 401(k) Plan, generous paid time off program, tuition reimbursement, free parking. Please visit our website for additional information at www.mwmc.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our workplace.
Primary Location: Natick, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Shift Type: Days