Receptionist, Imaging Per Diem
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as support staff for the technical staff, patients, and visitors. Reports directly to the lead clerical, who reports to the Office Coordinator. Maintains films and files according to patient activity and treatment dates. Performs a variety of clerical and reception duties for patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greets visitors and patients coming in for exams. Reviews patients demographics noting any corrections, reviews all orders for compliance, enters patient exams into the Meditech computer system, and generates a requisition. Determines further clerical needs, i.e., conversion needs, off-site needs. Processes requisition and scans all documents into the patients medical record. Answers and directs all incoming calls. Performs the steps for opening and closing the front desk.
2. Performs the film librarian duties, maintaining and updating all color coding that is necessary for a file. Determines activity of the file and its necessary location, active or inactive. Logs all films coming into or leaving the department. Retrieves films whenever needed, filing films when complete. Is responsible for year coding. Acts as liaison contact with safe-site for retrieval of off-site files. Handles physician and patient requests for CDs, films and reports. Acts as liaison between physicians and patients, providing customer service at all times.
3. Is responsible for distributing the physician copies either by mail, inter-office, or by using the physicians assigned box in the doctors lounge. Monitors, prints and re-faxes reports that failed using the auto-fax system.
4. Prints and researches lists for patients that have been centrally scheduled. Pulls and scans the necessary films that will be needed for each patient, utilizing the cross campus ability to ensure all films are available during the actual test. This service is also provided for conferences, the Operating Room, many in-house physicians, and the Cancer Care Center.
5. Responsible for burning CDs, digitizing prior films, importing outside CDs, and performing general maintenance.6. Maintains organization in the reading room and removes films that are complete.
See Job description
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Rotate