Radiology Tech- Cath Lab Per Diem
Radiology Tech- Cath Lab
Under general supervision and according to established procedures and regulations, perfoms duties as follows:
- Operates radiologic equipment and troubleshoots in order to solve equipment -related problems
- Performs decentralized testing according to protocol
- Assists the RNs in planning, implementing and evaluating the care of the cath lab patient
- Coordinates and organizes supplies, equipment and instruments needed for cath lab procedures
- Provides assistance to physicians performing cath lab procedures
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff
- Assists with transporting patients,
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree in radiology technology.
- One to two years of experience in a Cath Lab or Interventional Radiology. Scrub experience required.
- Registered or registry-eligible by the ARRT.
- Current licensure in Massachusetts.
- Constant walking, standing, lifting, and positioning of patients in difficult positions; pushing and/or lifting of moderately heavy equipment. Concentrated attention required during testing.
- Patient care environment. Exposure to various patient elements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Category: Imaging and Radiology
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Shift Type: Days