Physical Therapist Per Diem
Physical Therapist- Per Diem
The Rehab Department at MWMC has a team of highly skilled therapists who pride themselves on comprehensive quality care. MWMC provides opportunities for professional growth and development throughout the continuum of care. Specialty programs within the Rehab Services Department include: Sports Medicine, Balance & Falls Prevention, Vestibular Rehab, Pulmonary Rehab, Aquatic Therapy, Incontinence & Pelvic Floor, Neuro Rehab, Joint Success program, and Outpatient Diabetic Program.
Applicants must possess current MA state licensure as a physical therapist.
They must be independent and resourceful, demonstrate good clinical reasoning skills, and be able to multitask.
Good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude are essential.
There are opportunities for both inpatient and outpatient treatment available on weekends and weekdays. Weekend rotation required. Worksite may vary among the Framingham Union campus, Leonard Morse campus, and Wellness Center based on need. Orientation to each site will be provided. The Rehab Dept provides a mentoring program for new employees. Continuing Education benefit available and prorated based on service.
New grads are welcome to apply.
Under the general direction of the Program Manager, Rehab Services (area specific), and with minimal supervision, performs duties to provide quality patient care within the scope of services for the Rehab Dept. Under a written referral from a physician and in collaboration with other rehab staff, performs evaluation of the patient's clinical status and assessment of the rehab potential according to age appropriate guidelines, and designs and implements age appropriate treatment programs to maximize patient's level of function.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Clinical Practice: Performs all aspects of clinical practice, including being responsible for evaluation and treatment according to standardized techniques, departmental standards, and age appropriate guidelines. Develops treatment plans for assigned patients, including specific goals, established in conjunction with the patient and family, and therapeutic activities. Re-evaluates and modifies treatment plans at periodic intervals and as necessary. Provides patient and family education and maintains patient confidentiality. Demonstrates appropriate clinical decision making in all aspects of clinical practice, and determines proper equipment usage, application, and body position/mechanics in the administration of treatment. Is competent in usage of all equipment/modalities standard in the practice of rehab. May supervise COTA's and/or Rehab Aides as requested by Program Manager. Supervises PT or PTA students after one full year of clinical experience.
2. Documentation: Prepares written documentation as required, including, but not limited to: evaluations, treatment plans, progress reports, billing documentation, treatment notes, and other reports as requested. Writes legibly and documents in accordance with professional, departmental, and hospital standards.
3. Communication: Communicates observations, facts, and comments to interdisciplinary team members, individually and through team meeting presentations, to ensure efficient coordination of overall health care plan. Encourages and engages in open communication to develop and reinforce professional, efficient work environment.
4. Teamwork/Attitude/Professionalism: Maintains department policies, procedures, objectives, and quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control programs. Participates in performance outcome and improvement activities, continuing education and research activities, and clinical program development activities. Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature reviews, in-service attendance, conference/workshop attendance, etc.
5. Productivity/Efficiency: Provides direct treatment and billing and daily units (per day and per patient) within an acceptable range. Demonstrates independent time management skills for all duties such that documentation and billing duties are completed in a timely fashion within department standards. Is reasonable and flexible in approach to job and changing job requirements.
OTHER JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. BS or MS or DPT and degree in Physical Therapy from accredited program. Successful completion of all clinical affiliations and degree requirements.
2. Valid licensure in Massachusetts and CPR certification.
1. Patient care environment. One-to-one or small group interactions with patient/client, family/caregiver, peers, and other personnel; frequent interruptions/distractions; potential transfer between units/areas, programs, and/or off-site locations. Occasional time spent outdoors or in hot, cold, or wet conditions.
2. Light to heavy lifting, prolonged standing and walking, frequent pushing, bending, lifting, and/or carrying objects 2-75 lbs. occasional sitting, twisting, and climbing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Category: Therapy and Rehabilitation
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Shift Type: Varied