Physical Therapist , Part-time, Home Health
The physical therapist contracted or employed through the Organization is responsible for providing physical therapy services and for adherence to all conditions outlined in the Personnel Services Agreement.
1. Provides physical therapy services to patients/clients according to a written physician's plan of care. This may include, but is not limited to: Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluation of the home environment's. Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM -- potential for rehab's. Instructing patients/clients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances, including prosthetics. Determining priority needs for physical therapy and directing treatment.
2. Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient/client.
3. Participates in case conferences, in-services, and other meetings as required to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care.
4. Supervises homemaker/home health aides when such personnel are participating in patient's/ client's rehabilitation regime.
5. Identifies patient/client and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
6. Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the physician any changes in the patients condition. Submits these records in accordance with Organizational policy.
7. Performs other duties as required to facilitate the delivery of physical therapy services (including in-service education for agency personnel, and peer review as needed.
1. Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or masters program in physical therapy approved by an accredited organization.
2. Is licensed to practice as physical therapist within the State of Massachusetts.
3. Has two years of appropriate experience as a physical therapist. Community/home health experience is preferred.
4. Has good oral and written communication skills; has good organizational skills. 5. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
Category: Therapy and Rehabilitation
Primary Location: Marlborough, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Home Care
Shift Type: Every Weekend