PeriAnesthesia RN Surgical Day Care PACU Natick Per Diem with On call
Leonard Morse Hospital
Per Diem, Varied Shifts
We are seeking an experienced RN for our SDC/PACU Department at our Natick campus to work on a per diem basis and on-call weekends, nights and holidays in staff rotation. Experience in acute care med-surg or critical care is preferred. ACLS and PALS is required for this position.
Under general supervision of the unit's nursing management performs duties to ensure quality patient care through the health care continuum. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonate; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
1. CLINICAL PRACTICE: Performs all aspects of clinical practice according to standards of care, including, but not limited to: assessment, planning, implementing, evaluation, intervention, organization of work, priority setting, decision making, follow-up, activities of daily living, IV Therapy, EKG's.
2. LEADERSHIP: Delegates tasks to subordinates to ensure efficient and effective work flow. Provides input into hiring and evaluations and participates in the interviewing process. Resolves conflicts. Ensures proper staffing patterns according to established nurse-patient ratios. Assures current and quality nursing practice is maintained through participating in and keeping informed of unit/Hospital committees, staff meetings and other related activities. May serve as charge person.
3. DOCUMENTATION: Maintains thorough and complete documentation according to established legal and Hospital guidelines. Transcribes and inputs physician orders accurately and in a timely manner, using the nurse order entry system.
4. COMMUNICATION: Communicates and collaborates with all health team members, patients, and families effectively. Ensures patient care needs are met in a timely manner and follow through is initiated and/or completed. May act as a patient advocate.
5. EDUCATION: Keeps current with nursing skills, equipment, and unit specific knowledge. Provides patient/family teaching, may act as a preceptor, assists with the professional development of the unit.
The MetroWest Medical Center offers competitive wages and benefits. Qualified candidates may apply directly on our website at www.mwmc.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our workplace.
•Current RN license – Massachusetts
•BSN required preferred
•Experience as a Registered Nurse in department
•Great interpersonal skills
Primary Location: Natick, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Rotate