Patient Relations Manager Full Time
Manager of Patient Relations
Job Purpose: Under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Quality and Patient Safety, is responsible to investigate, resolve and report organization-specific patient and visitor compliments and concerns to leadership and staff. Serves as liaison between the patients, their families, and the organization’s departments, administration, and physicians for thorough and timely resolution of issues, concerns, and complaints.
Job - Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to patient complaints and commendations in a timely manner.
- Coordinates complaints and grievance process according to current regulations and standards of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MA DPH) and the Joint Commission (TJC).
- Assists and counsels managers regarding complaint process.
- Expert in verbal and written communications for closed loop responses to patients, families, and staff.
- Database management of the MIDAS Complaint Management System.
- Data entry of all complaints, grievance, comments into the MIDAS Complaint Management System.
- Serves as a central resource for information concerning patient’s rights and responsibilities, advance directives, and ethical issues. Provides consultation on issues that impact patient rights.
- Monitors HIPAA standards, investigation issues, and ensuing compliance.
- Compiles and distributes quarterly reports.
- Monitors patterns and initiates appropriate follow-up about issues that decrease patient satisfaction.
- Participates in Service Recovery assessment and education to nursing and site leadership.
- Provides onsite guidance and education regarding area complaint activity and trends.
- Integrates growth and development needs into the delivery of patient care for the populations served.
- Uses communication methods appropriate for the patient developmental stage. Accurately assesses the patient’s ability to follow directions for completion of treatment.
- Identifies and manages any special issues, concerns and risks for age specific populations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Organizational Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for creating a respectful environment for our patient and ourselves. Demonstrates respect for differences in language, culture, race, religion, citizenship, gender, and sexual orientation and does not discriminate on the basis of income, insurance status, immigration status, or disability.
- Complies with the MWMC policy on confidentiality of information regarding patients, families and co-workers.
- Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual educational requirements and in-service training as required
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Reports to work as scheduled and ready to receive assignments; minimal unscheduled absences.
- Attends meetings and participates in committees as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Behavioral Science, nursing or related field.
- Extensive background in direct customer service can be considered.
- Work Experience:
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skill, including conflict resolution, mediation skills, problem solving, time and project management.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and psychological understanding of the needs of patients and families.
- Proficient in database use, data management and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success at working independently.
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Days