Oncology Social Worker LICSW
Oncology Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
Full Time, Days
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Chief Worker, provides patient assessment, functions as a member of a multidisciplinary team, and provides discharge planning. Provides services to patients of all ages.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides patient assessment. Identifies and assesses treatment needs and available support network via psychosocial assessments. Assists family specialist in including support network in treatment.
2. Functions as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team. Identifies patient problem areas, develops treatment plans, and documents patient progress in accordance with established standards.
3. Assesses discharge needs for assigned patients. Identifies aftercare options for individual patients in conjunction with utilization review. Initiates appropriate contacts and follows up with appropriate referral sources. Maintains current knowledge of aftercare services available in the Metro West area.
4. Runs groups as assigned. Attends community meetings. Presents didactic materials as assigned.
5. Maintains current in field by attending seminars, continuing education courses, workshops, in-service education sources, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a Master's Degree in social work.
2. Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
3. Must be LICSW
WORKING CONDITIONS: Patient care environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Days