Trilingual Medical Assistant Clinic 40 hours
Medical Assistant, Clinic
Must be bilingual in English and either Spanish or Portuguese
- Accurately obtains and records vital signs, documents height and weight.
- Monitors patient flow system and accurately documents necessary clinical data in patient record.
- Properly provides assistance to physician as requested.
- Records and communicates messages accordingly.
- Triages all medical related phone calls.
- Filing and record keeping is accurate and maintained for easy retrieval.
- Call in prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Assists to maintain adequate medical supplies.
- Accurately prepares and maintains special procedure trays.
- Communicates pertinent information to the appropriate people utilizing the proper channels in a timely, accurate and concise manner.
- Utilizes appropriate telephone communication skills.
- Photocopies all documents when appropriate.
- Performs data entry and report generation.
- Ability to effectively use scheduling and billing software.
- Prioritizes schedule and strives to make best use of time to ensure all assignments are completed on time.
- Maintains supplies and orders as necessary.
- Demonstrates familiarity of coding for assigned physician(s).
- Assist with covering physician offices as needed to include scheduling, referral management, and billing utilizing the Athena management system.
- Perform chart audits on a regular basis.
Experience Required: Must be organized, always pleasant and helpful on phones, quick, efficient and accurate. Previous experience with medical-office procedures and medical terminology important. Must be computer-literate. Ability to work well and with others in an open office environment essential with a professional and positive attitude. Must be a certified or registered Medical Assistant.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Days