Manager, Telecomm & Transport Full Time
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Director of Hospitality, supervises day-to-day activities of the Telecom Systems as well as the Transport Staff; including monitoring alarm systems, answering and directing incoming and outgoing calls, providing answering services for physicians, and providing paging services for physicians and Hospital personnel and providing internal transport services for patients
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and coordinates daily work flow in the departments in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures that apply to Telecom and Transport services. Performs as a working manager, assisting with staff functions as necessary. Prepares work schedules, coordinates shift coverage, and manages time records.
- Coordinates staff orientation, training, and competency assessment programs. Participates in hiring decisions and evaluation of department personnel. In coordination with the Director of Hospitality, resolves staff employment issues and problems.
- Produces monthly chargeback to answering service accounts and sets up new accounts using the Hospital’s billing system. Produces monthly call detail reports, maintains backup and purging of old data using the Hospital’s systems.
- Oversees the customer service of pagers to departments and answering service accounts.
- Oversees and ensures that telecom operators monitor computerized alarm systems and respond to alarms as required. Follows up and ensures that proper procedure for notification of emergency situations (fire, code, stat, security) to appropriate persons or group is followed.
- Performs duties of the switchboard as required.
- Manages Patient Transport services and systems.
OTHER JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred with minimum 1 to 2 year supervisory experience.
- Strong organizational, clinical, and communication skills, with attention to details. Ability to prioritize workflow
- Office environment with constant use of computers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Days