Manager, HR Operations & Talent Acquisition
Manager, HR Operations & Talent Acquisition
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer, the HR Operations & Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for managing the Human Resources staff, overseeing the daily operations and recruitment functions of the Human Resources Department. This position will lead the talent acquisition team and manage the recruitment process by providing innovative ideas and implementing strategic goals. On a regular and continuous basis, will work closely with leaders in the organization to establish best recruitment practices that align with company goals. Oversee and establish all operational functions within HR, which include recruitment, leave administration, workers compensation and HRIS.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates the Human Resources (HR) operations and functions. Work closely with Payroll and HR staff in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR programs, functions and activities. Partner with hospital management and C-suite executives to identify and develop Strategic Workforce Planning based on trends in healthcare.
- Identifies optimal solutions that meet the needs of the leaders and the organization by recommending process improvements, system enhancements and alternatives based on specific needs. Manages and develops the team of HR Recruiters and administrative staff. Acts as a single point of contact for managers regarding recruitment and operations topics. Identify cost savings opportunities by reducing time to hire, developing ideas to recruit and retain top talent, and thus reduce turnover.
- Coordinate and oversee the work produced by the HR staff, including HRIS, recruitment, leaves of absence and onboarding, in order to ensure accuracy and efficiency of work. Subject matter expert for the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), Taleo. Supervise daily activities in the department, including HRIS input into the HR employee database, HRMS. Oversee onboarding of new hires and pre-employment requirements through RedCarpet. Approve all salary offers to be made by Recruiters. Sets the social media communication strategy for different job profiles and functions in the organization. Monitors the labor legislation and implements required changes to keep the process compliant.
- Partner with managing leaders to review staffing projections and timetables, advertising programs, employment branding, assessments of labor market conditions, recommendations for recruitment strategies & technology. Designs, develops and maintain the recruitment process in the organization (including its description, recruitment measurement definitions, regular measurement reporting, taking proper actions to close gaps.) Designs the selection matrix for choosing the optimum recruitment channel and recruitment source. Explores the market best practices in the recruitment and staffing and implement appropriate best practices in the organization. Builds a quality relationship with the internal customers and external recruitment agencies. Provide internal trainings to management as needed.
- Commitment to customer service with a willingness and drive to understand the operations of the enterprise and to be visible and engaged with managers across the organization. Maintain and foster effective relationships with management and staff at all levels, as well as job candidates, agencies, vendors, and ability to represent HR across the organization as well as representing MetroWest Medical Center in appropriate external forums.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 8-10 years of experience in full cycle recruitment in healthcare.
- Supervisory experience, including management of experienced HR personnel. Position requires ability to manage tasks and objectives as well as lead people and initiatives.
- Ability to lead independently and as part of a team, ability to lead change management efforts as well as continuous process improvement.
- Must have excellent communication & customer service skills
- Knowledge of HRIS & ATS systems highly desired. Taleo knowledge is a plus.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Experience with DPH and Joint Commission is highly desirable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the job.
Primary Location: Natick, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Days