Mammography Tech 16 hours
JOB SUMARY :Under general supervision of, and in accordance with guidelines established by, the Mammography Coordinator and the Radiologist, performs mammography and related duties. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Records all pertinent breast history from the patient and notes any discomfort or medical complaint which should be of importance to the Radiologist.
2. Operates mammography equipment and performs mammography exams. Observes sterile and precaution techniques as necessary.
3. Assists in maintaining established departmental policies and procedures and safety control.
4. Cleans and maintains all accessory equipment (i.e., film, screens, and working area).Demonstrates breast self-examination if required.
5. Remains abreast of developments in the field of mammography. Maintains all necessary continuing education units for mammography. Responsible for quality control designated by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Equivalent to that acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree in radiologic technology.
2. Registration in both diagnostic radiology and mammography by the ARRT. Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
1. Constant walking and standing.
2. Limited exposure to radiation and processing chemicals and/or fumes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities.
Category: Imaging and Radiology
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Rotate