Housekeeper FUH Weekends 16 hrs 7a to 3:30p
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under close supervision and according toprescribed procedures, cleans and services rooms by dry and damp moppingfloors, dusting and disinfecting furniture and equipment, vacuuming carpets.Makes and cleans bed units of discharged patients. Responsible for cleanlinessand servicing of assigned area. Able and willing to do all duties required of aHousekeeping I and works all shifts. Depending on assignment, performs anycombination of the following: Transporting, Routine Cleaning, Police Cleaning.Such other duties may be added to or substituted for some of the duties above,depending on patient census and other factors affecting workload at the time.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Promotes a customerservice mindset. Treats others courteously and with respect.
· Responds to allrequests and calls with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a senseof urgency.
· Views everything witha process improvement mindset. Constantly works towards the improvement ofcustomer satisfaction.
· Dusts and damp mopsfloors.
· Vacuums carpets.
· Dusts furniture,equipment, window sills, and surfaces and damp wipes same with germicidaldisinfectant.
· Empties wastecontainers and trash, damp wipes containers and relines with clean wasteliners.
· High dusts and dampwipes horizontal surfaces.
· Arranges furniture andequipment in an orderly fashion and reports any needed equipment or furniturerepairs to the supervisor.
· Inspects bedsidecurtain and window drapes/blinds and reports any needed repairs or replacementsto the supervisor.
· Cleans and polishesbathtubs, sinks, mirrors and similar fixtures.
· Cleans restroomsincluding toilets, sinks, showers and fixtures.
· Replenishes handsoaps, paper towels, tissue and re-stocks supplies.
· Spot washes walls andwall fixtures.
· Damp wipes lightlenses within reach.
· Responsible for dailycleaning of patient rooms and terminal cleaning of discharged rooms includingwashing and remaking of beds.
· Responsible forcleaning offices, utility rooms, exam rooms, waiting rooms, and other ancillaryrooms within areas of assignment.
· Responsible forresponding to emergency requests for clean ups and needs within the area ofassignment.
· Performs other relatedduties as assigned.
· Ability to followspecific instructions.
· Ability to performroutine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
· Must have the abilityto work in a team environment interacting with a variety of departments.
· Must possess excellentcustomer service skills.
· Maintains aprofessional appearance at all times.
· Participates inscheduled department meetings.
· Completes annualage-specific competencies.
· Remains compliant withmandatory Hospital Education.
· Fulfills TB,Immunization, and Employee Health Requirements.
· Remains compliant withdepartment specific education and skill sets.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE,AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· Education: High SchoolDiploma or General Education Degree preferred.
· Experience: Previoushousekeeping experience preferred.
· License: ABMHealthcare Support Services training certification.
Category: Maintenance, Food, Housekeeping - Maintenance, Food Service,Housekeeping and Security
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Days