Housekeeper FUH eves 5p-1a; e/o wknd & holiday
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under close supervision and according to prescribed procedures, cleans and services rooms by dry and damp mopping floors, dusting and disinfecting furniture and equipment, vacuuming carpets. Makes and cleans bed units of discharged patients. Responsible for cleanliness and servicing of assigned area. Able and willing to do all duties required of a Housekeeping I and works all shifts. Depending on assignment, performs any combination of the following: Transporting, Routine Cleaning, Police Cleaning. Such other duties may be added to or substituted for some of the duties above, depending on patient census and other factors affecting workload at the time.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Promotes a customer service mindset. Treats others courteously and with respect.
· Responds to all requests and calls with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
· Views everything with a process improvement mindset. Constantly works towards the improvement of customer satisfaction.
· Dusts and damp mops floors.
· Vacuums carpets.
· Dusts furniture, equipment, window sills, and surfaces and damp wipes same with germicidal disinfectant.
· Empties waste containers and trash, damp wipes containers and relines with clean waste liners.
· High dusts and damp wipes horizontal surfaces.
· Arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion and reports any needed equipment or furniture repairs to the supervisor.
· Inspects bedside curtain and window drapes/blinds and reports any needed repairs or replacements to the supervisor.
· Cleans and polishes bathtubs, sinks, mirrors and similar fixtures.
· Cleans restrooms including toilets, sinks, showers and fixtures.
· Replenishes hand soaps, paper towels, tissue and re-stocks supplies.
· Spot washes walls and wall fixtures.
· Damp wipes light lenses within reach.
· Responsible for daily cleaning of patient rooms and terminal cleaning of discharged rooms including washing and remaking of beds.
· Responsible for cleaning offices, utility rooms, exam rooms, waiting rooms, and other ancillary rooms within areas of assignment.
· Responsible for responding to emergency requests for clean ups and needs within the area of assignment.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Ability to follow specific instructions.
· Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
· Must have the ability to work in a team environment interacting with a variety of departments.
· Must possess excellent customer service skills.
· Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
· Participates in scheduled department meetings.
· Completes annual age-specific competencies.
· Remains compliant with mandatory Hospital Education.
· Fulfills TB, Immunization, and Employee Health Requirements.
· Remains compliant with department specific education and skill sets.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
· Experience: Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
· License: ABM Healthcare Support Services training certification.
· Reports directly to Supervisor or Director of Environmental Services
· Works in cooperation with various other departments within the facility.
· May be required to report basic work order needs to direct report. Maybe required to provide direct report with discharge lists and special request from customers on a daily basis.
Category: Maintenance, Food, Housekeeping - Maintenance, Food Service,Housekeeping and Security
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Evenings