HOSPICE SOCIAL WORKER - MSW
1. Assesses the psychosocial status ofpatients/clients related to the patients/client's illness and environment.
2. Carries out social evaluations and plansintervention based on evaluation findings.
3. Maintains clinical records on allpatients/clients referred to social work.
4. Provides information and referral servicesfor Organization patients/clients and families/caregivers regarding practicaland environmental needs.
5. Provides information to patients/clients orfamilies/caregivers and community agencies.
6. Serves as liaison between patients/clientsor families/caregivers and community agencies.
7. Maintains collaborative relationships with alllevels of staff to support patient/client care.
8. Maintains and develops contracts withpublic and private agencies as resources for patient/client and agencypersonnel.
9. Participates in the development of thetotal plan of care and case conferences as required.
10. Assists physician and other team members inunderstanding significant social and emotional factors related to healthproblems.
1. Graduate of a Master's program in socialwork accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2. A minimum of one year's experience inhealth care.
3. Experience in home health care preferred.
4. Has good oral and written communicationskills; and has good organizational skills.
5. Possesses and maintains current CPRcertification.
Category: Therapy and Rehabilitation
Primary Location: Marlborough, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Home/Hospice
Shift Type: Days