Food Service Worker Per Diem LMH
Working under supervision of the Food ServiceSupervisor, performs various written orverbal tasks to set up or prepare hot or cold food items for daily meals asinstructed or from requistions. Mayperform one or more of the following duties.
PRINCIPALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assembles plates, trays, utensils,and other serving items as required. Assembles special diet trays or late traysas ordered. Keeps serving stations supplied with food items, tray components,and utensils as necessary.
2. Prepares and assembles salad items asrequired. Slices rolls and breads as needed. Prepares dessert portions, slicesfruit sections for patient trays as ordered. Prepares hot or cold sandwiches asordered. Pours hot and cold beverages as ordered. Prepares any other food items as directed.
3. Operates and cleans various electrickitchen equipment.
4. Serves foods at serving table forpatient trays. Prepares and serves between-meal nourishments or snacks asordered. Delivers trays or carts to patients and/or patients’ areas, retrievesused trays or carts to kitchen for cleaning or disposal. Maintains counters,steamtables, utensils, and other working surfaces in a clean and orderlycondition.
5. May clean and load dishwashers, orwash items by hand as necessary. Stores cleaneds items in proper location.Cleans, sweeps, and mops floors as required. Performs special projects or cleaning duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE,EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to follow routine written andverbal instructions and routine arithmetic calculations.
2. Up to two months of on-the-jobtraining or experience.
1. Frequent exposure to heat and otherelements in the kitchen. Uses knifes and other kitchen utensils.
2. Regular walking and standing for extendedperiods of time
3. Frequently lifts light weightmaterials, pushes heavy food trucks to floors to deliver and retrieve patienttrays (1 to 2 times a day).
Category: Maintenance, Food, Housekeeping - Maintenance, Food Service,Housekeeping and Security
Primary Location: Natick, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Shift Type: 12 Hour Day