Clinical Coordinator, Oncology Full Time
Clinical Coordinator- Oncology
GENERAL SUMMARY:Under general direction of the Oncology Services Director, assists in planning, organizing, and evaluating nursing care for a defined group of patients, and for the supervision and development of assigned clinical staff. Provides leadership and direction in accordance with organization’s mission statement and department goals and objectives. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, implements, and evaluates method of delivery of care consistent with evidence based best practices, Lean management method, and department priorities. Manages day-to-day clinical operations in conjunction with the Director, clinic manager and Chief Therapist (when applicable). Collaborates with others to develop and implement annual departmental action plans that are consistent with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Serves as a clinical resource in the delivery of direct patient care. Provides direct patient care. Supports and participates in training, education and plans developed by the Cancer Committee, Department of Professional Practice, Quality and Patient Safety Department and relevant others (e.g., Pharmacy and Therapeutics). Assesses individual needs of personnel and assists them through counseling, teaching, conflict resolution, written evaluations, and goal setting at least annually and more often as needed. Interviews prospective employees, hires individuals qualified for the job, prepares and conducts staff meetings, and is responsible for preparation of time schedule for clinical personnel. Validates hours worked (e.g., Kronos).
- Maintains awareness of best practices and changes in ambulatory and oncology nursing. Accepts and actively participates in relevant committees and task forces. Maintains current knowledge of policies and procedures, Hospital regulations, and other relevant standards and ensures unit is in compliance. Maintains currency in specialty (e.g., Cancer Care; Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology).
- Promotes and participates in patient and family health teaching. Addresses patient/family concerns when appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Registered Nurse licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively more responsible experience in cancer care.
- Oncology nursing certification highly desirable (OCN).
Ambulatory patient care environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Days