Anesthesia Tech Framingham Per Diem
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision and direction of the Lead Anesthesia Technician and according to established policies and procedures, maintains stock of medications and equipment used in anesthesia and provides assistance in setting up and maintaining anesthesia equipment. Has access to non-narcotic medications and may transport medication cart. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonate; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitors and tests anesthesia equipment to ensure proper functioning; communicating any equipment problems to the lead technician. Assists in maintaining records related to equipment status and repairs made. Assists in performing maintenance on equipment, such as performance checks on monitors, anesthesia machines, and battery powered equipment. In the absence of the Lead Technician, contacts service representatives to arrange for equipment repair. May pack and ship equipment for outside repairs. Orders and receives anesthesia stock and supplies for the operating room and labor and delivery.
2. Assists in setting up and maintaining billing charges for equipment and procedures performed.
3. Assists anesthesia staff during surgeries. Sets up equipment before surgical procedures; maintains portable oxygen tanks in operating room and PACU for use in transporting patients to the ICU and patient care units.
4. May give direction to PTA’s working in the department, and provides them with information pertinent to their work assignments.
5. In the absence of the Lead Technician, checks and sets up anesthesia equipment for the Lithotripsy Program.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Level of knowledge equivalent to High School Diploma and PTA training.
2. One year experience in a perioperative setting (i.e., PTA, CPD, Tech, etc.).
1. Operating Room, Labor and Delivery, Lithotripsy van; may be exposed to blood and body fluids.
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Days