Administrative Assistant to Quality Management 40 hours
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provides administrative support for the Director of Quality Management. Is responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day operations of all the administrative and data coordination aspects of the office functions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of duties including but not limited to coordinating and scheduling meetings as they relate to the department, including booking rooms, refreshments and audiovisual equipment as necessary. Compiles and distributes agendas and mailings, attends meetings, verifies attendance of participants at meetings and takes and transcribes minutes. Maintains all related files. Is responsible for maintenance and coordination of appointments and calendars for the Director of Quality.
- Is responsible for the secretarial function for the Quality Management Department. Coordinates, composes, and prepares correspondence for the departments as necessary. Performs routine duties and prioritizes special projects, obtaining assistance as needed. Is responsible for maintenance of all related files, mail distribution, and supplies and office equipment, consistent with usage. Reviews and distributes mail to appropriate persons. Composes and initiates responses to mail as needed.
- Is responsible for placement, screening, and referral of telephone calls. Deals discreetly with large amounts of sensitive and confidential data, with referrals to appropriate parties. Handles inquiries or situations of an often highly confidential nature; refers to appropriate department or persons as required.
- Coordinates, prepares, and assists with special projects and reports.
- Responsible for gathering and inputting data as well as preparing routine and comprehensive reports for quality and utilization using various software programs and tools (e.g. Meditech, MIDAS, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and ensures accurate and timely processing.
- Supports the continuous improvement of the quality of service provided by the department. Ensures that all attempts are made to verify the accuracy and validity of data reported and to meet the expectations of the department’s external customers.
- Maintains current knowledge re: change in the Hospital and Department’s data systems and new methodologies.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree or Bachelor’s Degree. Familiarity with graphics and statistical programs helpful.
- Minimum of three to five years of related experience preferred.
Primary Location: Framingham, MA
Hospital/Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Shift Type: Days